Restaurateur Billy Dec celebrated the grand opening of his new 1920s-inspired cocktail bar with a musical performance by Macy Gray. The Cocktail Club, located in the same building as Dec’s nightclub The Underground, opened Aug. 27 in the Near North neighborhood. The menu online lists cocktails, including a drink called The Surrealist ($18) with ube-infused grenadine, plus truffle tater tots ($8) and loads of aesthetic. Dine inside only.
- Infatuation: Chicago’s New Restaurant Openings The new restaurant openings you should know about
- The Tennessean: Made by Nashville for Nashville: Underground Cocktail Club coming to Printer’s Alley
- Modern Luxury: Hospitality Magnate Billy Dec Talks Chicago, COACT And His Latest Documentary
- Dujour: Chicago City Guide: New Hotels, Restaurants and Theater
- WGN: New Chicago cocktail club pays homage to the roaring 20’s with speakeasy vibes